A signature scent serves as a personal memory to beloved friends and loved ones. Choosing one perfume can be quite overwhelming purely because of how many choices you have on the market. While you might feel like you need a signature scent, you should know that you don’t have to pick just one.
Use our guide below to find your signature scent from Czech & Speake.
Characterised by lemons & other tangy fruits like grapefruit & bergamot.
Loved by both men and women, Neroli is one of Czech & Speake’s most evocative fragrances. The blossom of the bitter orange and orange flowers are suffused with the zest of fruit to create a refreshing and long lasting fragrance. The floral character of Neroli is emphasised by layering this truly unique and heady mix with ylang-ylang, which itself is derived from the blossoms of an exotic Asian tree. This is a light fragrance that refreshes in hot climates.
- Launched in 1981
- Inspired by traditional Eau de Cologne
- Based on an 18th-century French recipe said to be used by Napoleon
- Timeless fresh floral, refreshing and long lasting
- Fresh, wearable and versatile
- The profile of Napoleon’s hat is included in the design of the packaging
Top notes: Neroli, Orange
Middle notes: Orange Flower
Base notes: Ylang–Ylang
This is a strikingly fresh and infinitely wearable fine fragrance with a distinctive grapefruit oil base. An immediate invigorating burst of Californian grapefruit is followed by subtle hints of spicy coriander and pepper. The citrus character of this youthful and vibrant scent is balanced by adding the exotic richness of patchouli and oak moss.
- Launched in 1991
- Inspired by the warm sunny grapefruit groves of La Quinta Southern California
- Latin for grapefruit, fresh citrus with peppery notes
- Youthful vibrant and invigorating scent balanced with exotic richness
Top notes: California Grapefruit, Rosemary
Middle notes: Coriander, Clary Sage
Base notes: Oakmoss, Civet, Ambergris
Villa Ausonia captures the exhilarating freshness of the Atlantic coastal breezes of South West France, with the lingering intoxicating scent of distant pine forests and the salty ocean. This androgynous, modern and light fragrance blends notes from oceanic ozone, green (a lighter interpretation of chypre) with citrus/fruity to sit in the gourmand fragrance family.
- Launched in 2018
- A nod to the first Roman Governor who historically brought vines to Bordeaux from Rome
- Gourmand Fragrance
Top notes: Apple, Basil, Lemon
Middle notes: New Mown grass, Calone, Conifer, Ho Wood (Camphor)
Base notes: Vanilla, Musk
“I have always loved Vetiver fragrances and was inspired to refresh this traditionally spicy scent with green woody notes to add complexity and, to complete the fragrance, a citrus top note. I feel I have created a modern interpretation of a classic masculine fragrance” Frank Sawkins, founder.
- Launched in 2011
- Inspired by the desire to refresh this traditional spicy scent with green woody notes
- Adding complexity and depth with a citrus finish
- Focused by green and balsamic middle notes
- A modern interpretation of a classic masculine fragrance
Top notes: Mandarin, Bergamot
Middle notes: Laurel, Galbanum
Base notes: Haitian Vetiver, Sandalwood
The most popular category with the most diverse repertoire, including new florals such as frangipane and sweet pea.
The fragility and softness of the mimosa blossom is captured in this warm and floral fragrance reminiscent of warm summer evenings. After the initial sensation of germanium and ylang-ylang, the soft floral aroma of Egyptian mimosa and jasmine evolves with just the subtlest hint of spicy clove.
- Launched in 2009
- Takes its inspiration from the warm and sultry southern States of America
- Spices and floral fusion
- Delicate and soft fragrance
- Distinctly sensual
- Captures perfectly the true floral characteristics of Mimosa
Top notes: Geranium, Ylang–Ylang
Middle notes: Mimosa, Jasmine
Base notes: Clove, Natural Benzoin
A dry floral fragrance, Rose has a light, youthful quality with just a suggestion of hidden sensual depth. This tantalising blend is characterised by the exquisite essence of delicate bourbon rose intertwined with a green thread of fresh geranium. At the heart, warm, floral notes of ylang-ylang and soothing mimosa mingle with exotic, velvety undertones of patchouli to complete this elixir of flowers.
- Launched in 2009
- Takes its Inspiration from the spirit and essence of the classic English rose
- Light and youthful
- Elegant dry floral
- Timeless, feminine and romantic
- Subtle blend of the worlds best rose essence
Top notes: Rose, Geranium
Middle notes: Ylang–Ylang, Mimosa
Base notes: Patchouli
Oxford & Cambridge
Oxford & Cambridge, a traditional lavender fragrance, is a fresh and invigorating scent evocative of the English countryside, varsity matches and the great British sporting tradition. It contains a blend of English and French lavender, topped with herbaceous peppermint and rosemary essential oils with bergamot on a base of warm oak moss.
- Launched in 1994
- Inspired by the famous English Universities and the great British sporting tradition
- Quintessentially English
- Fresh green scent
- An every day cologne wearable and versatile
Top notes: Bergamot, Peppermint, Rosemary
Middle notes: English Lavender, French Lavender
Base notes: Oakmoss
Exotic, sensual, typically heavy blends with resins, opulent flowers, vanilla & musks.
Frankincense & Myrrh
This truly exotic fragrance takes its inspiration from the opulent fragrances of the orient. The rich blend of warm frankincense, the sharpness of myrrh and the woody rich base notes of cedar wood and sandalwood are topped by the fresh scents of orange, lemon and basil. The aroma of Frankincense & Myrrh, is rich and deep yet refreshingly herbaceous without overpowering the senses.
- Launched 1984
- Warm spicy oriental with bitter citrus notes
- The inspiration for the fragrance and packaging comes from the ecclesiastical resin burning and the cultural influences of East
- Extending into room fragrances
Top notes: Lemon, Orange Basil, Clary Sage
Middle notes: Myrrh, Chamomile, Pimento Leaf
Base notes: Frankincense, Lavender, Cedarwood, Sandalwood
A combination of woody notes such as patchouli and sandalwood added to rich orientals, replacing the floral notes at the heart of the blend.
The fragrance is an indulgent, nocturnal rose designed to appeal to both men and women. The opulence of both fragrance and cultures that inspired it is evoked by the pomegranate-coloured glass bottle and dark red outer embellished with gold.“I wanted to create a very rich and intense interpretation of rose, a bold, complex and mysterious fragrance that was a far cry from traditional Western rose interpretations. I embraced Middle Eastern techniques and incorporated many of the rare and prestigious ingredients these cultures traditionally use but combined them in a way that would be understood in the West.” Frank Sawkins, Founder.
- Relaunched in 2018
- Takes its inspiration from the beginnings of perfumery and the rare ingredient and traditions used by the Arab and Indian worlds.
- The fragrance is an indulgent, nocturnal rose designed to appeal to both men and women.
- The pomegranate-coloured glass bottle and dark red outer embellished with gold is evocative of the opulent fragrance and culture that inspired it.
Top notes: May Chang
Middle notes: Rose of Taif, Saffron Extract, Lily
Base notes: Cambodian Agar Wood (Oud), Musk, Cedarwood
A huge category for men’s fragrances with a spectrum of wood varieties including cedar, pine, vetiver and sandalwood.
The first and most complex in the Czech & Speake Aromatics Collection, No.88 has a fresh, woody top note of reviving and uplifting bergamot, the richness and warmth of geranium, rose otto, cassie and exotic frangipani. Combined with dry base notes of vetiver and sandalwood, this modern classic has a full-bodied, sophisticated sensuality.
- First and signature fragrance, created 1981
- Cologne, Aftershave, Hand Soaps, Incense sticks and Moisturising Body & Bathing Oil
- Shaving Sets
- Influenced by the desire to create a bold and original fragrance, to stand out from the rest, our most complex and individual fragrance
- Named after the original address of the design studio in Jermyn Street London
Top notes: Bergamot
Middle notes: Vetiver, Sandalwood
Base notes: Geranium, Rose Otto, Cassie, Frangipani
“With this fragrance, the cedar is not from Spain but my motives are linked to Spain. Memories of boyhood holidays in Menorca, of sandy coves surrounded by sun bleached pine and cedar trees that would produce an unforgettable resinous smell. This fragrance to me is the memory of these days and the version I have made is an exotic blend of woods, resin, smoky notes balanced with citrus and piquant notes” Frank Sawkins, founder.
- Launched in 2014 at the Rosewood Hotel, London
- Czech & Speake first Eau de Parfum fragrance
- Exotic blend of woods, resin and smoky notes balanced with citrus and piquant notes
- A rich and intense fragrance, inspired by memories of holidaying in Spain
Top notes: Bergamot
Middle notes: Plum, Blackberry, Clove, Galbanum
Base notes: Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Guaiacwood, Tar
Often called leather and characterised by notes of tobacco & cedar. Citrus is often used to lighten the delivery, which makes this a popular family for men’s fragrances.
Inspired by the old town of Havana, its Latin rhythms, smooth cigars, fine rums and exotic beauties, this fragrance bursts into life with the initial top notes of bergamot, lime, peppermint and a hint of rum. Layered with a melange of spicy and floral middle notes, mainly rose, clove and bay, Tonka beans add a subtle softness. The lasting base notes of tobacco mixed with the richness of frankincense, cedar wood and vetiver round off this striking fragrance.
- Launched 2001
- Visit to Cuba was the inspiration for this complex heady fragrance
- Evokes memories of the old town of Havana, Latin rhythms, cigars and fine aged rums
- Spicy, smoky and exotic scent
Top notes: Peppermint, Bergamot, Rum, Lime
Middle notes: Rose, Clove, Bay, Tonka Beans
Base notes: Frankincense, Tobacco, Vetiver, Cedarwood