Which fragrance is the best seller?
Our best seller is the original Czech & Speake fragrance: No.88 Cologne Spray 100ml.
What is Eau de Parfum?
Fragrance comes under a number of categories, labeled to determine the concentration of scented ingredient they contain. Eau de Parfum contains an average of 15 – 20%; it is one of the strongest options available just below pure Parfum, but it is much more accessible to buy. It has significant strength in scent and staying power. A single application of an EdP formula has the ability to last an entire working day, so even though it comes with a higher price tag, it is often considered to be the best value for money.
What is Eau de Cologne?
Eau de Cologne, or more simply ‘Cologne’ contains a high grade of fragrance but at a lower percentage of up to 8%, making it a good option for everyday use. The allure of cologne comes from its simplicity, with a focus on using fine ingredients derived from nature.
Why is an Eau de Parfum more expensive?
Eau de Parfum contains a higher percentage of scented oils alongside water and alcohol. The perfume essence is the finest ingredient which defines the scent. The higher price is the result of increased purity, which means it has the strength to last longer, and be used more sparingly.
I’ve been wearing Czech & Speake for years and it doesn’t seem to smell the same as it used to. Do you alter the fragrance formulas over time?
There are a number of factors that could explain your concern:
1. Although we aim to keep the fragrance as true to the original formula as possible, there may have been some minor alterations over the years in order to be in compliance with international regulations. This is to ensure the safety of the product.
2. Your own perfume will smell weaker to you over time as nasal receptors become desensitised to familiar smells.
3. As our fragrances contain natural ingredients, they will inevitably mature, therefore a fresh product will vary from one you’ve had for some time.
4. Your sense of smell can change as you get older, affecting how you perceive a scent.
What are perfume notes?
The notes determine the complex way in which a fragrance sets off and reveals itself to you once released from the bottle and when in contact with your skin. Each note layer contains a combination of different essential oils, divided into ‘top’, ‘middle and ‘base’ notes. The top notes hit your nose first and base notes last.
How do you identify perfume notes?
You can identify perfume notes by the order in which they hit your nose. They first spritz will reveal the top notes, which quickly evaporate into the middle notes, and then slowly unfold into the base notes. Top notes tend to be the lightest, using scents that are citrusy, fresh and herbaceous. Middle notes are usually well rounded such as floral or fruity. Base notes are the richest, consisting of woods, spices and musks.
How do I make my fragrance last?
1. Store away from sunlight and keep it in the box. The sun's rays can breakdown the essential oils and weaken the fragrance.
2. Apply at pulse points to clean, moistened skin for a better chance of the fragrance absorbing and lasting.
3. Avoid rubbing your wrists together as this will evaporate the top notes, preventing the fragrance to mature.
Which perfume lasts the longest?
Each fragrance varies from person to person depending on your skin type, however an Eau de Parfum (EdP) will last longer than a Cologne.
Where should you apply perfume?
We recommend you apply a spritz behind each ear and one to the wrist, with a gentle dab across to the other. Avoid rubbing as it can kill the top notes and alter the scent by mixing too heavily with the skin's natural oils.
How often should I apply my perfume?
This is down to personal taste but an application in the morning should remain effective for a full working day, and a re-application would be necessary for the evening occasion.
How many different scents do you have in your collection?
We have 12 different scents in our collection.
How do I find the best fragrance for me?
If you visit our showroom, our fragrance experts would be happy to talk you through our range to find the best one for you. Alternatively, you could have a conversation over the phone with our fragrance experts.
Showroom: 54 Pimlico Rd, Belgravia, London, SW1W 8LP
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8983 7400
Where can I buy Czech & Speake products?
You can shop our products:
Online at: czechandspeake.com
By Telephone: +44 (0)20 8983 7400
Our Showroom: 54 Pimlico Rd, Belgravia, London, SW1W 8LP
Our Stockists: See our list of stockists under ‘Contact’ at the footer of our site.