Are your products suitable for sensitive skin?
Our products are suitable for sensitive skin, however we recommend that you test each product on a small patch of skin before full use to ensure that you don’t have a reaction.
How should I care for my shaving brush?
To ensure your shaving brush stays in good condition, rinse it well after use, removing all soap suds and then squeeze out excess water. The most important thing is that it is able to dry properly. We recommend you use a stand so that it can hang and drip dry. If you purchased a set without a stand, it will be fine to place it on your shelf vertically, just avoid lying it down in a puddle of its own water.
How long will a shaving brush last / When should I replace a shaving brush?
If the shaving brush is rinsed well after use and dried properly, it will last for many years. Once the hairs start to come loose from the handle, then it should be replaced.
How do you use a shaving brush and soap?
1. Add a little warm water to your soap in the soap dish. Leave it to soak for a few minutes to allow it to soften.
2. Add some warm water to a small container or the base of the sink. Leave your brush to soak. A wet brush it more effective to create a lather.
3. While the tools are soaking, use this time properly wash your face to hydrate the skin and soften the hair.
4. After a few minutes, pour most of the water out of the soap dish and removes the brush from the container or sink and squeeze out excess water.
5. Apply the soap to the brush by briskly rubbing in a circular motion until a good lather is formed. It is now ready to apply to your face.
Can you use a shaving brush with gel?
We do not recommend you use shaving gel with a brush as you could risk damaging the bristles. The two products were not designed to be used together.
What is the difference between shaving soap and regular soap?
Shaving soap is formulated with antiseptic, hydrating ingredients to be kind to the skin, with properties that aid lather and increase razor glide. Regular soap is designed for dirt removal, so although it could be used for shaving it would be much harsher than a shaving soap.
How often should you change the blades in a razor?
It is dependent on how regularly you shave, however as soon as you are not getting a clean shave, then the razor head should be replaced.
How often will I need to refill the soap in the shaving dish?
It is dependent on how regularly you use the soap, but on average, each soap should last 2-3 months if you are using it three to four times a week.
How do you apply aftershave?
1. After shaving, rinse your face properly of all soap and loose hair. It is more effective to use cool water, as this will close the pores in preparation for the aftershave.
2. Dry your face carefully with a soft towel, avoiding irritation.
3. Our shaker top bottles have been designed to release accurately measured drops of the solution. We advise 2-3 drops in the palm of your hand, then gently rub your hands together to transfer the solution to both.
4. Massage the aftershave into your face with a downward motion, from your cheeks to your jaw, then dab your neck either side and under your chin.
What is the difference between cologne and aftershave?
Cologne is designed for scent while aftershave’s main purpose is protection after shaving. Although aftershave is scented, it contains a much lower percentage of fragrance averaging at 1-3% compared to up to 8% in cologne. The alcohol content is much higher in aftershave in order to disinfect cuts and nicks made by the razor blade.
What is the use of aftershave?
As the name suggests, aftershave is designed to be used after shaving. Although it is fragranced, scent is not the core purpose, it is actually designed to care for the skin in its delicate state after shaving. Aftershave solution contains antiseptic ingredients that prevent any nicks from infection.
Is it important to use aftershave?
Yes, aftershave is important for protecting freshly shaven skin. Your skin becomes vulnerable after shaving; even if you are unaware, the razor blades create small cuts. Aftershave contains antiseptic properties that will prevent the risk of infection.
Do you leave aftershave on or rinse it away?
Leave the aftershave on. It is designed with antiseptic properties to soak into the skin and protect the cuts from infection.
What tools are in the manicure set?
The 8 piece Manicure Set contains: Teflon coated 9cm slanted tweezers, safety scissors, classic nail scissors, nail clippers, nail file, toe nail clippers, cuticle nipper, double ended cuticle instrument.
The Air-Safe Manicure Set contains: Teflon coated nail file, round headed tweezers, nail scissors, nail clippers.
Can you travel with shaving razors?
Cartridge razors where the blades are mounted in the head, such as with the razors we sell, are allowed in both hand and hold luggage. It is only double edge razors and straight razor blades that are not accepted in the hand luggage, but can go in with the checked in luggage.
Can I take a manicure set on an airplane?
The instruments in our Air-Safe Manicure Set are designed with rounded edges to conform to international restrictions on hand luggage for air travel. Our 8-piece Manicure Set would need to be stored in hold luggage.